Monday, September 12, 2016

Fantastic Beasts stuff from Yahoo!, Empire, Pottermore and Premiere Magazine...

New image from Yahoo Movies via Eddie Redmayne Italian Blog
Eddie Redmayne as Newton Scamander and his Lumos Maxima!!!

A new spoiler-filled scene and interviews from the set of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was published in the September issue of Empire magazine as part of their fall preview. The scene in question involves Tina, Queenie and Jacob in a department store trying to run for cover as a bug-eating magical creature scurries on the loose, with Newt standing by. Alison Sudol, Dan Fogler and Eddie Redmayne comment on the scene, as well as how they engage with CGI-created fantastic beasts that are added in post-production. That, as well as David Yates' never-ending desire to direct - day or night...


Quote: from the Empire article:
Inside a ritzy New York department store, all hell is breaking loose. Tina Goldstein (Katherine Waterston) has just slid across the floor at breakneck speed. Her sister, Queenie (Alison Sudol), is cowering in a storeroom, a silver punch bowl atop her head (photo above). And next to her is baker Jacob Kowalski (Dan Fogler), limbs flailing. Despite all the evidence, Empire is not watching the Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them characters navigate a clearance sale, but a situation even more stressful. Magical creatures have escaped throughout the city, and several have ended up here, causing havoc with the Christmas displays. 
“There’s a lot of mayhem happening,” confirms Sudol when the scene is wrapped, bowl now removed from bonce. Fogler is more forthcoming. “At that moment I was being crushed by a tentacle-beast,” he explains with a grin. “It’s a very large creature which eats bugs,so Newt has told us to round up something for it to eat. I come from theatre and I love this stuff.” 
The Newt in question is magizoologist Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne), the hero of this feverishly anticipated 1920s-set Harry Potter spin-off. He and his trio of pals are faced with the formidable task of rounding up the critters accidentally unleashed from his suitcase, before Central Park turns into an enchanted safari park. 
Redmayne, who has been watching the department-store chaos from the sidelines, admits to having struggled with the fact said critters are absent from the set. “We did some work before we started shooting on the scale of the animals,” he says. “I’d stand against a big white screen and they were projected next to me. It was useful, because I have a bit of a shoddy imagination!” 
One person with too good an imagination: director David Yates, who found the menagerie invading not just the Big Apple but his downtime. “I direct in my sleep,” the Potter veteran laughs, “and my wife kills me ’cause sometimes I go, ‘No, no, no, we have to go wider… I’ll find another shot…’” Why count sheep when you can count beasts?

Ezra Miller quote: ‘So I’d heard about the part, and remember that to me – someone who got into Harry Potter so young, as a fan – I thought this was a universe that had been closed to me forever. I thought we’d had everything we’d ever get from that world, I thought it was over. I spent years devastated that I wasn’t in that world, that I wasn’t in those movies. I would say, “I can do British, I promise!”’ 
 ‘And then, to hear that J.K. Rowling had expanded that universe. That there was more and that there was this character… I almost couldn’t believe it.’ 
 ‘I improvise this character and I get a call two days later from David Yates. By then, I had become so invested in that character and, if you look back at those tapes, I had already become Credence. There is so much of what I’ve done as Credence that just came to me that day.’ 
 ‘At that stage I’d already signed up to become [DC Comics character] The Flash and there were serious scheduling issues. For a while it looked like I wouldn’t be able to do this movie.’ 
 ‘So I’m thinking about the part, I’m dreaming about it, I want it and I know deep down that I will do anything for it. So I start emailing Warner Bros. and I say, “Look at Humphrey Bogart!”'
...I say in these emails that I want that with you. I want Credence and I want The Flash.’ The suspense gets to me, even though I already know the end of this story. ‘Anyway, so they move mountains,’ he says, sighing like he still can’t quite believe it happened. ‘Big, huge mountains are moved and we make it work.’ (via)

 New images of Credence and Newt (unfortunately very small sized) (x)

 Look who promoted my previous post! <3


Les Animaux fantastiques, Pottermore, The Cursed Child… 
Le point sur l’univers étendu de J. K. Rowling
"Harry Potter, c’est fini", jure J.K. Rowling. Pourtant son monde magique s’étend toujours au théâtre, 
au cinéma et en librairie.
Fantastic Beasts, Pottermore, The Cursed Child...Insights of the Expanded Universe of J. K. Rowling
"Harry Potter is over," J. K. Rowling swears. Yet his magical world always extends to the theater,
cinema and library. (Quick translation with the help of translator - excerpt)

...The stakes of Fantastic Beasts are high. Among the ongoing projects at the heart of the "wizarding world", the adaptation of Fantastic Beasts is the largest in terms of budget, artistic creation and extension of the magical universe. "Jo has one goal: expanding what it calls its" Wizarding World his favorite director David Yates told Premiere. This is a job that takes for a long time. Explore her first ideas, travel in corner of her universe in every possible way. "

The creation of Fantastic Beasts fits perfectly into this context. Rather than tell the past of a major character of Harry Potter (Dumbledore and Sirius Black, for example), the studio's new trilogy is inspired by a short bestiary that is not even really romanticized. Fantastic Beasts is from a school book study at Hogwarts and annotated by Harry, Ron, Hermione and their buddies. It is written by a magizoologiste influential in the "wizarding world", but paradoxically readers know almost nothing. Only he studied at Hogwarts (Hufflepuff), he moved to New York in his youth in the 1920s, and he identified many species of magical creatures to write his reference book. Sort of spin-off and both prequel trilogy change of time, place and main hero. We can not talk about a prequel, but rather an extension.

The other big issue of the concept is to present for the first time viewers a feature that is not based on a novel. J. K. Rowling is responsible to write scenarios. At two and a half months of the film's release, the first is now kept secret (the trailers show in the least while playing with the public's nostalgia), but will be published shortly before the release of the first component, and we know that the author wrote the outline of its two sequels for some time. Here again, it does not give details yet. Not even the director David Yates, who returns to commands after having staged four parts of Harry Potter, of the Order of the Phoenix Deathly Hallows - Part 2, nor to its star, Eddie Redmayne, "I was very excited to work with JK Rowling, we he explains .. I thought she would give me information on the character of Norbert, its history, its past. She did it but sparingly. it was always clear that she knew more than she was saying. "

Basically, that's what J. K. always has with her fans ... and its partners. When turning the first Harry Potter, she had for example not yet finished writing the books, but knew how it had to complete its history and has informed that only one actor of his intentions regarding his character, Alan Rickman, that he plays Snape in some way from the beginning of the saga. Over the years and projects expanding its universe, the author with imagination gradually built a dense universe and always seems one step ahead. Especially, thereby controlling its work and its variations, J. K. Rowling has earned a special place in Hollywood.
For more on this, go to the newsstands: the Premiere 473rd issue, featuring Fantastic Beasts, is available now.


Premiere Magazine scans part1 - part2 - part3

Quote (translated by me): "I was very excited about working with J. K. Rowling - adds Eddie Redmayne, who portrays the main hero - I thought she will give me the infos about Newt's personality (Newt's name in the French version is Norbert Dragonneau), his history, his past. She did, but sparingly. It was always clear, that she knows more, than she tells me."...
About how did he relate to the Harry Potter Universe and J.K. Rowling before he was cast to play in FB:
" The same as most of my generation. Every year the movies were an appointment, a ritual. I saw a way to escape from the routine. We discovered the adventures of this teenager, who went through the same difficulties as we, we had a very strong connection with him. As a child I was also a fan of magic and the world, that J.K. Rowling created fascinated me."...
And so you are offered the role of Newt Scamander..." Yes, and everything went almost classical way. I had an appointment with David Yates, he talked to me about the story for a long time...while managing to remain very vague. He just said he would fix me a new appointment. This was very very secret. A bit stressful also. I was excited about the idea of participate in the film, and a little nervous at the same time: What if I won't like the script?  What if I hate the character?..."


Guaranteed to Include At Least Four or Five Movies You’ll Like

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
You might’ve heard of this tiny indie picture, Harry Potter, about wizards and magic, although it’s a little niche, and kinda under the radar — just kidding. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is the first spinoff of one of the biggest franchises of all time. Eddie Redmayne plays Newt Scamander, a put-upon British wizard whose trunkful of magical creatures escape into the streets of 1920s New York City, and his new friends Tina (Katharine Waterston) and Jacob (Dan Fogler) have to help him find them all before they spark a war between wizards and Muggles. The creatures look, well, fantastic, and the Gatsby-era atmosphere is wonderfully palpable, with a lighted sign advertising arrow collars in the background of one shot. If the rabid fan response to Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Cursed Child stage play is any indication, there’s a good chance Fantastic Beasts could be the biggest movie of the fall. (November 18) — ES


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation