Friday, January 24, 2014

Eddie Redmayne's London - interactive guide, photos, interview

I added links to the text, where you can find more information. Good surfing!

Photos with the St. Paul's Cathedral in the background for October 2013 issue of British GQ by Nick Wilson ( x ) 




Eddie Redmayne in West London April 24 2013 ( x )

Boots store London Chelsea 60 Kings Road                                   The Holding Company 241-245 King's Road

Eddie Redmayne: Teenage Cancer Trust Concert After Party!
Just Jared - 10 April 2013
Eddie Redmayne keeps close to his girlfriend Hannah Bagshawe as they leave the Teenage Cancer Trust concerts after party held at the Groucho Club on Wednesday (April 10) in London, England. The 31-year-old Les Miserables actor held hands with his gal pal as they laughed and joked on the way out of the club. The photo's source ( x ) location: 281 Regent Street at the JOE & THE JUICE store ( x )

The Teenage Cancer Trust is a charity devoted to improving the lives of teenagers and young adults with cancer. Each year, the charity puts on a concert with headlining acts to raise money for the organization.

Feat One Republic will be held on 27th March in Royal Albert Hall. Eddie 
is an Ambassador of the Charity, so I hope he will be there too.

Another article with photos:

On March 16, 2013 Hannah and Eddie walked around London, and they went to the White Cube Gallery too. But there they saw, that one of the "performers" rollerblading in a transparent jumpsuit. To save his girlfriend from embarrassment, Eddie decided not to go further, so they turned back and walked away without looking at the exhibition. And they went for a walk. ( x )


In Notting Hill 17 March 2012 ( x )                   In London 7 Dec 2012 ( x )


Redmayne is a born-and-bred London boy, and seems almost as excited by the fact he has just had an offer accepted on his first flat, in Borough, as he is by his latest acting prize. (The Independent article 27 Jan. 2012)

Questions about London, Eddie's favorite places, meals and shops
Based on: Eddie Redmayne's My London - an excellent interview by Hannah Nathanson
Published in Evening Standard 29 October 2010 (I slightly rearranged the questions) Photos source ( x )

Where do you live? 
In Borough, just behind Tate Modern, with two of my oldest mates, a banker and a head-hunter. I love the area; it's got a huge amount of colour.
What advice would you give a tourist?
Start at The Courtauld Gallery then cross the river to Borough Market and taste everything on offer. It's the best free lunch. Then take the No 19 bus from Chelsea to Islington, past London's best sights.
Which shops do you rely on?
For books, John Sandoe's off the King's Road and the National Theatre bookshop for plays. For sheet music I go to Kensington Chimes Music and for drawing materials I go to Green & Stone on the King's Road. I sometimes indulge in an overpriced scarf at The Shop at Bluebird.
What's your favourite meal in London?
Ziani's, an Italian restaurant on Radnor Walk, does a dish called taglierini tartufate. I just have to inhale it and I'm a happier person.
What are your guilty pleasures?
I have a deep addiction to cheese and Marmite paninis from the Starbucks at Borough Tube.




Which is your favourite shopping street?
I love Camden Passage at the Angel for weird stalls and antiques. It has a great vibe.
What's London's most romantic place?
Which is your favourite pub?
My local, The Gladstone, has live music. I saw Gemma Arterton's sister Hannah perform there. I have fond memories of working in The Builders Arms in Chelsea after uni.
What are your favourite London discoveries?
The Cast Court Collection's life-size cast of Michelangelo's David at the V&A; and the salmon and sweet dill tartine at Tartine on Draycott Avenue.
Tell me something I don't know about London...
There's no Tube station at World's End because they are too afraid to dig up a plague pit there. My dad may have made that up, though.




More personal questions:

What's your life philosophy?
'Take life step by step, pace by pace, slowly, 
slowly and leave the competition to others.'
It's from a letter Chekhov wrote to his wife Olga Knipper.
What was the last play you saw?
Faust at the Young Vic by Vesturport, a group of Icelandic actors. It's physical and dynamic and unlike anything else you'll see on stage.
What was the last album you bought?
Folk singer Johnny Flynn's album A Larum, which cheers me up massively.
What would you save from a fire?
My two prints by the Cornish artist Patrick Heron, which I bought with money from my first jobs.
What are you up to?
I've got a TV series, Pillars of the Earth, currently on Channel 4 and I'm filming My Week with Marilyn, a true story about an English boy who fell for Marilyn Monroe at Pinewood Studios in the 1950s.
What's your earliest London memory?
Being pushed in my pram by my mum across Albert Bridge when I was three. It was pouring with rain but I was so cosy and I remember looking up and seeing my mum's face drenched with rain.
What do you like wearing?
My big white towelling dressing gown. It was a Christmas present and I feel like I'm three years old again, back in the pram on Albert Bridge.
What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you?
I blanked on stage at the Royal Court. The other actors were trying to help but all I could hear was white noise. Gordon Brown was in the audience.
Have you ever stolen anything?
I fill my sock drawer with Elizabethan and medieval socks from whatever job I'm doing.


'Taglierini Tartufate at 'Ziani's £14.00
Fresh noodles sautéed with wild mushrooms, courgettes, saffron and truffle olive oil

'Tartine' - Salmon, pickled cucumber, dill mustard dressing £12.95

Posts about London:
Olly 77 - a-twisted-dreamer-st-pauls-london
Bonnie over the see - Day 7 - London (travelogue with pictures)

London's best walks (Telegraph article)
Use the Tube strike to your advantage and explore London from above the ground on one of these walks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation